Friday, August 27, 2021

Introducing...the ducks♥

Greetings dear friends, 
May I introduce to you, Sir Percy and Lady Marguerite Blakeney...my ducks 

The Blakeney's are Muscovy ducks, excellent egg producers and they are the best breed of duck to raise for meat.
My plan is to start a small business selling duck eggs and meat to the people living here in the Langkloof 
I am very excited, and am praying that the Lord will bless and grow this plan of mine!
I will keep you all updated on my progress, but for now, here are some pictures of my adorable ducks

 

Marguerite Blakeney...^


Sir Percy Blakeney...^



I thought it was just the sweetest thing when, this morning, as I opened up their coop, the male,
{{who then did not have a name,}} hooked his neck around the female's, pushed his body in front of hers, and protected her from what he thought was possible danger...such a gentleman. {{smiles}}

It was because of this little incident that my ducks received their names...
 

Have any of my readers heard of, or read , Baroness Orczy's 'Scarlet Pimpernel' books?
If so, you will remember that the main character, Sir Percy Blakeney ,was a complete gentleman and would gallantly risk his life for a lady any day.
 My drake reminded me of Sir Percy, so I called him that and named the female Marguerite.
Marguerite was Sir Percy's wife in the books.

And so, my ducks were christened the Blakeney's♥



I am so thankful that the Lord created an opportunity for me to meet people who just so happened to breed ducks and had a male and female which they needed to rehome...

Blessings and love to you all,
Gabrielle♥


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Victoria♥
      They are:)
      Blessings,
      Gabrielle♥

      Delete
  2. Love these pictures, Gabrielle! ♡
    Can't wait to meet your ducks in person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly♥
      I am looking forward to showing you my ducks...hopefully soon!
      Love you ever so much,
      Gabrielle♥♥♥♥

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope that you enjoyed your 'visit,' and that you will come again♡
I love hearing from all of my sweet readers so please, feel free to leave me a comment♥
Blessings, Gabrielle