Thursday, September 2, 2021

My favourite tea quotes and paintings♥

Greetings dear friend, 

 In this post I am going to be sharing with you my favourite tea quotes and paintings♥

My sisters and I all enjoy drinking tea, and very rarely need an  excuse to don our best dresses, bake something scrummy, set the table prettily, and then sit together sipping tea from dainty tea cups.

What could be better than a girly tea~party?

So, without further ado, here are my favourite quotes about tea and some beautiful paintings♥


"Yes, that's it! Said the Hatter with a sigh, it's always tea time."
Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland


"Would you like an adventure now, or shall we have our tea first?"
Peter Pan


"It was fortunate that tea was at hand, to produce a lull and provide refreshment,~ for they would have been hoarse and faint if they had gone on much longer."
Louisa May Alcott


"The very ritual of tea~making, warming the pot, making sure that the water is just boiling, inhaling the fragrant steam, arranging the tea~cosy to fit snugly around the precious container, all the preliminaries lead up to the exquisite pleasure of sipping the brew from thin porcelien, and helping oneself to hot buttered scones and strawberry jam, a slice of feather~light sponge cake or homemade shortbread."
Miss Read, Gossip From Thrush Green



"She stood by the tea table in a light coloured muslin, which had a great deal of pink about it. She looked as if she was not attending to the conversation, but solely busy with the tea~cups,  among which her ivory hands moved with pretty, noiseless daintiness."
Elizabeth Gaskell.


"But indeed, I would rather have nothing but tea."
Jane Austen, Mansfield Park


"You can never get a cup of tea big enough, or a book long enough to suit me."
C.S Lewis


"My dear, if you could give me a cup of tea to clear my muddle of a head, I should better understand your affairs."
Charles Dickens, Mrs Lirriper's Legacy


"Tea should be taken in solitude."
C.S Lewis


" 'A quarter past three,' she exclaimed, catching sight of the bedside clock. 'What a time to be drinking tea!' 'Anytime,' Harold told her, 'is time to be drinking tea!'
Miss Read


Do you enjoy drinking tea? 
Blessings, Gabrielle♥

1 comment:

  1. Ahh what a beautiful post, dear sister. ♡ These paintings are so pretty, and I love all the quotes you chose to include...especially the one by Miss Read.
    I'm almost finished with her novel, Over the Gate...so delightful!
    Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope that you enjoyed your 'visit,' and that you will come again♡
I love hearing from all of my sweet readers so please, feel free to leave me a comment♥
Blessings, Gabrielle