Saturday, January 15, 2022

In the month of January... ♡

"Have regular hours for work and play; make each day both useful and pleasant, and prove that you understand the worth of time by employing it well. Then youth will bring few regrets and life will become a beautiful success."

~Louisa May Alcott~

Happy January dear friend, and a Happy New Year to you too!



Life has just exploded for my family~ It is preserving season and my days are filled with gardening, kitchen work and the usual housecleaning. I am struggling to find time for many of the hobbies I enjoy, blogging being one of them! 

However, Summer is always a busy time and we all are using this precious time to can and preserve as much as possible, for,we know that, all too soon Winter will set in and there will be plenty of time for sewing, crafting and writing♥


One little chick recently hatched, and the little ones have named him 'Cheeper'...isn't he sweet?!


I love sunflowers..they are so happy!


We were blessed with an abundant harvest of blackberries this summer, and I spent a couple afternoons in the kitchen, turning them into delicious berry jam...


Mog joining me for a morning stroll around the garden...♥


Marguerite...♥


Sofia unloading the wood-chips for Dad...my younger sisters and I have enjoyed helping Dad this holiday.  He has been taking us along to chop trees down for wood, and we helped him plant the poles for the nursery he's building for my Mom. It has been wonderful to spend time with Dad, and help with the outside work♥


It has been so hot recently that our Dad has taken us for frequent trips up to the dam for swims...it is an outing we all enjoy! Our friends down the way took us to a beautiful creek in the forest last Sunday~ The little ones had so much fun paddling in the water and cooling off♥  


Little Caleb...♥


Pretty potato flowers...


Mr Murdstone, our rooster...my sister Rebekah named him after reading David Copperfield...{{smiles}}


"If a kiss could be seen I think it would look like a violet."
Anne of Avonlea

Life in my family is always interesting and exciting!
 I am looking forward to seeing what this year will hold for us...♥
I hope that you all are well, and I will try to post more regularly now...blessings to you~
Gabrielle♥



5 comments:

  1. Ah, a taste of summer in my cold winter! 🤍 So enjoyed these photos, Gabrielle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Victoria! So lovely to hear from you♥
      Blessings~Gabrielle

      Delete
  2. Glad you are enjoying your summer! I never used to care much for sunflowers...but lately they've begun to grow on me when I seen how beautiful they look in bouquets. :) I like the dwarf varieties best that don't grow quite so tall. The black rooster is a pretty one! We always used to have chickens, but disappointingly they won't allow us to have them in our new house we moved to since it's just inside city limits. I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer - it's bitter cold here where I'm at with snow on the ground. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sunshine Country! Thank you for commenting♥
      How strange it is to think that you are experiencing snow whilst we are enjoying the warm days! Was so lovely to hear from you♥
      Blessings~Gabrielle

      Delete
  3. Ahh tour pictures are so beautiful, Gabrielle! Love these peeks into life in the Gray household! One busy family!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope that you enjoyed your 'visit,' and that you will come again♡
I love hearing from all of my sweet readers so please, feel free to leave me a comment♥
Blessings, Gabrielle