Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Our Journey To Hefei, Life In China#1


Photo was taken a few hours before our departure...

It's not many 13 year olds that can say "I spent nearly a year living in China!"
The whole experience was AMAZING! Everything in the Chinese culture is completely different, and for the next few weeks I would like to share with you what it was like living in a Chinese city!
 But first let me tell you about the journey from South Africa to Hefei, China.

It was August 24 and our flight was due to depart at 19:45 pm.
There were all sorts of emotions going on inside of me as we sat in the little restaurant overlooking George Airport. I was excited, nervous and sad. Sad because that was the last time I would see my two older sisters for many months!
 A few minutes before we had to board we stood together in a little group and prayed, not one of us had dry eyes as last goodbyes were made,
 but as we rounded the corner, excitement overtook my sadness and I gazed eagerly around me, taking everything in.
I was the first one on the airplane and everything felt so strange {this was the first time us kids had ever been on an airplane...a big experience!}
Dad showed us our seats and we got comfortable while we waited for the plane to take off.
Nothing can describe the feeling when the plane shot down the runway and into the sky...it was like magic!
The flight was only two hours long and we arrived in Johannesburg exhausted!
We stayed at The Cockpit Hotel which was conveniently close to the airport.


This was the bedroom Rebekah, Beth and I stayed in at the Hotel...

Next morning we were fresh and ready to continue our journey into the unknown!
Our time spent in Johannesburg airport doesnt have the most pleasant memories... my Mom was feeling really sick and it was a miracle that she was allowed to board the plane!
The flight from Johannesburg to Hong Kong was really long, but exciting!
Then we caught our flight from Hong Kong to Beijing and then from Beijing to Hefei.
We were all extremely tired and overwhelmed by everything and just wanted to go home.
It was arranged that a school bus from the school Dad worked at, was to pick us up and take us to our apartment...the drive took an hour!
We arrived at our apartment at 12:00pm and only woke up at 14:00 pm  the next day!
The few days that followed are a complete blur to me, but I do remember that it was hot and humid~ worse than anything I had ever experienced!

So!  That was our journey to China...but there are many more things I want to share with you, {don't worry, they won't all be as long as this post!}
Until next week dear friends♥

Blessings~
Gabrielle♥

4 comments:

  1. This will be exciting....it will be like reading a book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Mrs Cox!
      Your comments always inspire me to write another post♥
      Blessings~
      Gabrielle♥

      Delete
  2. Oh, this will be a fun series, Gabrielle! I loved this post and look forward to your next one! Love you seet girl...glad you're home again. I missed you way too much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment dear sister!
    I missed you too♥
    Blessings~
    Gabrielle♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope that you enjoyed your 'visit,' and that you will come again♡
I love hearing from all of my sweet readers so please, feel free to leave me a comment♥
Blessings, Gabrielle