Friday, July 3, 2020

An Ancient Chinese Village, Life In China#4

 The best memory we have as a family of China, is the trip we made to an ancient Chinese village!
The school my Dad worked at offered to take some of the teachers and their families to an ancient Chinese village, about an hours drive out of the city. Of course we were very eager to go and ended up having the best time ever!


We took a delightful boat ride down the river to the other side of the village...



Everything was so picturesque...




In the background is the Moon Tower, which is so beautiful!


We then wandered the streets in the village...


And bought some traditional Rose Petal sweets at a Chinese sweet shop...


Through the village were these quaint alleyways...

And the best part was dressing up as traditional Chinese ladies!



Sofia wasn't so keen though...



With her dark skin and hair Rebekah looked the most like a Chinese lady...


I felt like a princess in this dress!






Even the older girls dressed up!





After purchasing a few souvenirs and grabbing an ice~cream, we made our way back to the school bus, a tired but happy group!
What lovely memories we made, ones we shall never forget!
Blessings~
Gabrielle♥





8 comments:

  1. Oh how beautiful Gabrielle! I had never seen photos of this life in China. The pictures remind me of Italy with the lovely buildings built beside the water.
    I love you girls all dressed up....you look like princesses!
    You are a wonderful story teller and I am so enjoying your China series.
    Hugs from mrs cox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Mrs Cox!
      It was indeed beautiful there♥
      Thank you so much for your encouraging comments!
      Blessings~
      Gaby

      Delete
  2. Oh, I have so many wonderful memories from this day! Definitely a highlight from our stay in China. And I am so glad we dressed up...we will always treasure these pictures!
    Love you sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blogposts are so nice and beautiful! I love your experiences in China, hope to be there once...maybe.
    Warm greetings from Rotterdam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Lieneke, and welcome!
      I hope you will enjoy my future posts♥
      Blessings~
      Gabrielle

      Delete
  4. Hi Gabrielle You and your sisters look like real Chinese princesses.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Marion!
    Was lovely to have you stop by♥
    Blessings~
    Gabrielle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope that you enjoyed your 'visit,' and that you will come again♡
I love hearing from all of my sweet readers so please, feel free to leave me a comment♥
Blessings, Gabrielle